How does the Toyota Pre-Collision System (PCS) feature work?
While researching the new Toyota lineup, you heard about the Toyota Pre-Collision System (PCS) and may have wondered how it works as well as the added benefis. This innovative technology feature offers multiple stages that work when the system senses a collision may occur. Learn more about this feature, how it works, as well as checking out the informative video below.
Watch this video to understand how PCS works!
Which Toyota models offer this? For the 2019 and 2020 model years, PCS is either standard or available in each of the following models:
- Crossovers, SUVs, and Minivans: C-HR, Land Cruiser, Highlander, Highlander Hybrid, RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, Tundra, Sequoia, Tacoma, Sienna
- Cars and Hatchbacks: Avalon, Avalon Hybrid, Camry, Camry Hybrid, Corolla, Corolla Hybrid, Prius, Prius Prime, Prius c, Yaris Hatchback
Toyota Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
Arlington-area drivers should know that there are several variations of the Toyota Pre-Collision System. With Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS P) or Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0) being the two most common, there’s also the Pedestrian Detection included.
With Pedestrian Detection, there’s an additional grille-mounted system that will use millimeter-wave radar in order to check the surroundings for smaller objects that the PCS could miss. It examines the size, shape, and motion of the smaller object to identify vulnerable people and apply the brakes if needed.
What’s Included with Toyota Safety Sense™?
Features will vary based on which Toyota model and model year that you choose, but you will get one of the three available Toyota Safety Sense™ packages. Below is a look at the newest and most comprehensive version, Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0):
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
- Lane Tracing Assist (LTA)
- Automatic High Beams (AHB)
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) or Full-Speed Range DRCC
- Road Sign Assist (RSA)
Visit Toyota of Irving Today!
Get additional information from the Toyota experts at Toyota of Irving. Our dealership offers an incredible array of new and pre-owned Toyota vehicles that you can explore and test drive. Give us a call for additional information or to schedule a test drive.