2020 Toyota 4Runner Towing Capacity
Are you looking to take advantage of the roomy and comfortable interior of the 2020 Toyota 4Runner? This midsize SUV is perfect for Irving family vacations with its versatile interior and powerful towing capacity. With a standard towing capacity of 5,000 pounds,* the new Toyota 4Runner can pull everything you need for your next trip and then some! Read more about the Toyota 4Runner’s towing capacity, features, and performance with Toyota of Irving, then contact us to schedule a test drive!
2020 4Runner Towing Features
If you’ve been asking “how much can a Toyota 4Runner tow?” Then you’ll be happy to hear that the Toyota 4Runner can tow up to 5,000 pounds* of equipment or cargo. However, the 4Runner doesn’t stop at just a great towing capacity, it also comes with incredible towing features that allow you to tow your cargo safely and with ease in Dallas. Read more about these features below:
- 4.0L V6 Engine: This 4.0L engine allows the 4Runner to pull 5,000 pounds and traverse tricky terrain. With 270 hp and 278 lb-ft of torque, the capabilities of this engine are hard to beat.
- Integrated Towing Hitch Receiver: As a functional SUV, each Toyota 4Runner comes with a towing hitch receiver that can fit any standard tow hitch.
- Wiring Harness with 4- and 7-Pin Connectors: Make towing easier and safer with this easy-to-use trailer light connector. Take advantage of the 4 and 7 pin connectors to find the trailer that’s best for your equipment.
2020 4Runner Capabilities
The Toyota 4Runner’s towing capacity wasn’t just built to take haul your cargo to your campsite, with its versatile engine and off-road capabilities, the 4Runner can take you on the road less traveled for an adventure you won’t forget. Read about the Toyota 4Runner off-road capabilities below:
- 4WD with Active Traction Control: Choose from either part-time or full-time AWD systems to help you maintain traction on Fort Worth roads or on your next adventure.
- Multi-Terrain Select and CRAWL Control: This multi-terrain system helps reduce wheel spin to keep you moving forward.
- Hill Start Assist Control: This system keeps your 4Runner from rolling backward when you switch from the brake to the accelerator on a steep incline.
- Downhill Assist Control: This system selectively applies the brakes so you keep a controlled pace on slippery or steep descents.
- Locking Rear Differential: This system helps you navigate tricky terrain by evenly distributing engine power to the rear wheels so they both move at the same speed, even if one is off the ground. This will help you predict your 4Runner power output so you can maintain a controlled pace over obstacles.
2020 Toyota 4Runner Towing vs. the Competition
The 4Runner’s towing capabilities allows Grapevine drivers to tow more for less. When you choose a 4Runner, you’ll get 5,000 pounds of towing capacity no matter which trim level you choose. Compare that to some of the base towing capacities of the 4Runner competitors, and you can see why many families find power and savings with a 4Runner.
- 2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5 FWD: 5,000 pounds*
- 2020 Honda Pilot LX FWD: 3,500 pounds
- 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4×2: 3,500 pounds
- 2020 Jeep Wrangler 4-Door Sport: 3,500 pounds
Explore the 2020 4Runner With Toyota of Irving!
Now that you know the answer to “How much can a Toyota 4Runner tow?”Are you ready to upgrade your next family adventure? Learn more about the Toyota 4Runner when you make an appointment for a test drive at Toyota of Irving! Not only do we offer new vehicle specials so you can save on your next purchase, but you can also apply for financing from the comfort of your home! When you’re ready to start the car-buying process, contact our finance center and we’ll help you find a financing plan that’s right for your budget! We look forward to hearing from you!
More About Toyota Models
Are you looking to take advantage of the roomy and comfortable interior of the 2020 Toyota 4Runner? This midsize SUV is perfect for Irving family vacations with its versatile interior and powerful towing capacity. With a standard towing capacity of 5,000 pounds,* the new Toyota 4Runner can pull everything you need for your next trip…
The Toyota Highlander has received rave reviews from Irving drivers for it’s capability, interior comfort, and cargo room. Newly designed in 2020, the Highlander has proven to be tough competition for other SUVs in its class. Read more about the Toyota Highlander customer and critic reviews below, including the Toyota Highlander hybrid review, then learn…
You have places to go, people to see. So you need a car that will get you from point A to point B and all around the Dallas area without pouring your wallet into your gas tank. A car like the Corolla. The 2020 Toyota Corolla mpg ratings set it apart from the competition, with the…
*Before towing, confirm your vehicle and trailer are compatible, hooked up and loaded properly and that you have any necessary additional equipment. Do not exceed any Weight Ratings and follow all instructions in your Owner’s Manual. The maximum you can tow depends on base curb weight plus the total weight of any cargo, occupants, and added vehicle equipment. “Added vehicle equipment” includes additional standard/optional equipment and accessories added by the manufacturer, dealers, and/or vehicle owners. The only way to be certain of your vehicle’s exact curb weight is to weigh your vehicle without passengers or cargo.